Hello from good old London

Tell us about yourself. Are you starting out, have you kept Leaf Cutters for a while, are you a researcher. Let the members know what your interests are.
aminart
Larva

Hello from good old London

Post by aminart » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:26 pm

Hiya,
I am Ayub but you can call me Amin, which is easier to pronounce and its also how many people online know me.
I am a professional Nature and Wildlife photographer and ever since Adam introduced me to LCA I am hooked. Adam has been a friend and a great motivator for me to develop interest and build my own private Tropical house where I now keep various insects, reptiles and other tropical species including Butterflies and Moths
I do Macro photography at professional level and many of my images are licensed worldwide.
Photographing inverts at Macro level is one of my passions and I am lucky to be doing it as a living.
I also run workshops where I cover various fields of photography, from food to landscape, and teach essential skills in order to master it.

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Re: Hello from good old London

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:37 pm

Ayub, you are most welcome on this forum. Your pictures are fantastic!! Now that you are here I am hooping I havent scabbed any of your images off the internet and you happen to notice any of them! If you have noticed, there are, in the Scientific section, separate posts for each of the species of Atta and Acromyrmex. I am hopig to populate these areas with pictures and specific info on each of them. This would become a resource for comparison and should eventually be a great tool. If you have any images, which you should mark as copyrighted, it would be amazing to have them distributed among these forums. Anyway, looking forward to interacting with you here. Andrew

Deansie26
Major

Post by Deansie26 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:56 pm

Hi and welcome Amin! really looking forward to hearing from you and seeing your tropical house, sounds very interesting.

aminart
Larva

Post by aminart » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:44 am

Hi Andrew,
Thank you for the warm welcome.
Dont worry in case any of my images have been used around taken from the internet, I do post a lot also over the social media sites and many also are published through commercial sites so I dont exactly mind when I see them posted anywhere.
I haven't browsed the scientific section but will do shortly.
Many thanks

aminart
Larva

Post by aminart » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:49 am

deansie26 wrote:Hi and welcome Amin! really looking forward to hearing from you and seeing your tropical house, sounds very interesting.
Hi and thank you.
I will post some images of my Tropical House here and also I run live viewing on Periscope periodically so viewers can watch and interact with me during the live session.
Will try to arange and schedule a session one day with Andrew and Adam here so I can show you all around my Tropical House :).
Check me out in Periscope, my name there also is aminart

AdamHartScience
Larva

Post by AdamHartScience » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:44 pm

Hi Ayub. Your tropical house will fast become the envy of all on here I suspect!

aminart
Larva

Post by aminart » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:48 pm

AdamHartScience wrote:Hi Ayub. Your tropical house will fast become the envy of all on here I suspect!
Adam you will get me kicked out from here lol, watch out, Andrew has already been sulking because I messed out with his thread haha.

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:41 pm

Is this some kind of vendetta?
Can't wait to see pictures of your tropical house Ayub!

aminart
Larva

Post by aminart » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:44 pm

Acromyrmexbob wrote:Is this some kind of vendetta?
Can't wait to see pictures of your tropical house Ayub!
Andrew remember what I wrote right at the start on my introduction thread? Its all Adam's fault, so I do not carry any guilt :).

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:26 pm

Guilt is a many faced mistress. You will have to carry your share of the blame. But forgiveness can be bought in the form of posting. Hopefully I will be filming in Trinidad next summer with Adam. I will avenge myself then!