Hello everyone :)

Tell us about yourself. Are you starting out, have you kept Leaf Cutters for a while, are you a researcher. Let the members know what your interests are.
zat
Egg

Hello everyone :)

Post by zat » Wed May 30, 2018 8:13 am

Hello everyone !

I am a 27 years old French engineer who loves discovering things and getting into them seriously to learn as much as possible. Several years ago a friend of mine gave me a colony of Messor (minor) to study (he knew I would like the work they make with the seeds). I created a proper environment using the knowledge I gathered on the net and I successfully manage to grow the foundation to several thousand ants in a year. I tried with another kind of Messor (barbarus) to work a bit deeper in the hibernation topic and I managed to get a very big colony.
This time he gave me a colony of Atta Cephalotes. I was very excited because they need so much environment control and the symbiosis means I would have to combine myrmecology and mycology!

In addition, I love to build things, to play with sensors (Arduino and so on) and to program. And I also play electric guitar a lot.

That is it! Thanks for reading and let’s talk on the next topic :)

Acromyrmexbob
Site Admin

Re: Hello everyone :)

Post by Acromyrmexbob » Wed May 30, 2018 8:21 am

Zat, nice to see you here. Look forward to seeing your posts!

zat
Egg

Post by zat » Wed May 30, 2018 10:59 am

Thank you Acromyrmexbob !

I look forward to get to know this community. I was the Admin of PassionFourmis (France) for a while and I do like myrmecologists :p

Andyj
Site Admin

Post by Andyj » Wed May 30, 2018 12:33 pm

Welcome zat. :)

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

zat
Egg

Post by zat » Wed May 30, 2018 2:31 pm

Thank you AndyJ !